Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The New Puppy!

 We are so lucky!  We got a 75lb puppy.  Ok, he's not a puppy.  He is much better...  Introducing Bauer the 3 year old Golden Doodle!  He is a big hunk of love that we adopted from the Golden Rescue in Fairbanks, AK.  We have had him for two weeks now and he seems to be quite the catch.  Never mind that when we first got him home to introduce him to Chad(who was kinda surprised by this new addition), he took off running.  He ran, and he ran and he RAN from us for a solid 3 hours!  I finally called the former owners and asked if there was some sort of "trick."  She said to call, "Come Bauer come" and clap your hands.  Hmmm.  Why didn't I think of that? 


Now, we figured we have really "earned" him.  He's been nothing but sweet ever since.  Here is a list of his amazing qualities;  he sits, lays and stays on command.  He waits on the rug while I wipe his feet and even plays soccer with Hunter and Ariel!  Pretty cool.