Tuesday, November 3, 2009

More pictures from August and September

I really have to learn to blog as I take pictures, then maybe it wouldn't be such a chore.  I know you might say if its such a 'chore' then why do it.  Well, I feel I must attempt to record life becasause it happens to fast!  We all know this as we look at our growing kiddos and the wrinkles that appear that weren't there yesterday(for some).  Hopefully, if I record it here, friends and family can catch a glimpse of our life as it happens far away in Alaska! :o)



The following are a few things we were busy with in August and September:
First, Chad and I agreed to coach Hunter's flag football team this summer.  Well, I "volunteered" Chad to be the assistant coach, and the next thing we knew, he was the head coach and I the assistant.  Well, it turned out to be a very rewarding (and tiring)experience.  Hunter seemed pretty happy to have his Daddy be football coach.  That was the best part!
Second, Ariel's class took a field trip to get some Salmon eggs...to raise!  Part of the 2nd gr. curriculm is to follow the life cycle of Salmon.  They will raise these eggs and then release the Fry or Parr back into the wild.  Ariel is pretty versed on Salmon.  Just ask her what the 5 different species are!
Last, are pictures of our house with some fall color showing.  Can I just say this is our dream backyard..the one Chad and I dreamt our kidds would have to play and explore in and believe me there is plenty of that going on.


Not a bad place to play football.